We are about a month away from NET Cancer Day, an international awareness day to help shine a light on neuroendocrine cancers. There are many ways you can help to make an impact on this upcoming NET Cancer Day:
- Talk to your friends and family about your disease
- Host an event in your neighborhood – a walk, dinner or a vigil
- Share NET Cancer Day events and ribbons on your social media channels.
- Don your zebra apparel and use the opportunity to talk about NET Cancer when you receive a compliment/comment.
- Pick up ribbons and bracelets, and pins to distribute amongst friends, family, and even strangers.
- Bring a NET Cancer Fact Sheet to physicians, with something fun like zebra balloons, or goodies of some kind wrapped in zebra paper. Make it fun and positive. Deliver some to gastro office, oncology office, and gp office.
- Hang a NET Cancer Awareness poster at area businesses, doing the same as above. (WalMart, Hobby Lobby, Target all have carried zebra wrapping paper, cellophane, balloons, notepads etc. within the last 6 months)
- Offer to speak at a medical school near you for about ten minutes, providing the students with a NET Cancer Fact Sheet. Bring a big batch of zebra balloons. (Oriental Trading Company and Party City are both good resources for zebra striped balloons, plates, banners and more.)
- Offer to speak at a family practice medical conference, providing them with a NET Cancer Fact Sheet, again make a visual impression by bringing a batch of zebra balloons.